Friday 18 February 2011

A Plum Cake...

Sorry I haven't posted much this week but Paul took the camera with him to Cumbria...and if you take a look at my other blog you'll hopefully be glad that he did!

Anyway, he got back last night...happy to be home and just in time for me to photograph today's Coffee Tree delivery...
It's an upside down Golden Plum & Blueberry Cake.
There's caramel there too...it's a little like a cake version of a Tarte Tatin.

The juices from the plums & purple berries sink into the vanilla sponge and make it very moist & delicious. I've played around and made this with all sorts of fruits...it's especially good with peaches or apricots in summer...and you can also vary the flavour of the cake itself - so maybe a lemon sponge with fresh raspberries or an orange one with rhubarb...I think it would also be lovely served warm with cream as a dessert.
Whichever way I make it, it's a favourite at the coffee shop!

Enjoy your weekend....and eat well! We're off to London to revisit brand new restaurant Nopi in Soho. I was lucky enough to be invited to one of the opening nights on Monday evening...and I want Paul to try it too, so we'll be there for lunch tomorrow. I can't wait!! xo

5 comments:

  1. Another delectable treat to make my mouth water, Rachel!! I haven't ever combined plums and bluberries, but will try now!! Have a lovely time in London at the new restaurant and I am sure it will be so special with Paul by your side!!! Happy weekend!! Love and hugs, Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Rachel! This upside-down cake looks gorgeous! It looks so tall and appealing. I could sure go for a slice right now. Enjoy your weekend in London. I am sure you and Paul will have a lovely lunch at the new restaurant. ENJOY! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my!! An upside down Golden Plum & Blueberry Cake with a little caramel... there cannot be a more Heavenly sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh it looks wonderful! I would love some with custard! In some ways it's good that I don't live close by (well, just in this way really), because I would be as big as a house! Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope your weekend was lovely in London! What an honor to be invited to its grand opening!! How posh!! I'm excited to hear your tellings of its events. As for the plum cake....oh my what a wonder---I want a slice right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you write! Thanks for visiting! xo