Wednesday 30 January 2013

A New Creation...

Yesterday was another day of celebration! It was my darling husband's birthday...and also the 60th birthday of a good friend, so we combined the two into one joyous evening!

I decided to create a cake...a new one, worthy of the occasion. And this is what I came up with...



Almond Vanilla Praline Cake....
It was a light almond sponge, kept from being the least bit dry with a generous brushing of almond syrup, with a whipped vanilla white chocolate frosting...the almond brittle finished it off beautifully, I think.



It was a fitting finish to a wonderful evening...the best kind, shared with good friends and beloved ones!
I wrote the recipe down, too....so that I can share it sometime....

Wishing you a beautiful day xo




6 comments:

  1. Way to taunt us. I wrote the recipe down but I'm not telling you it. 3am here. Fantasies of food. That looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest Birthday wishes to that dear man in your life...isn't he lucky to be married to a world class baker? xo We have drooled all over the cake picture and fought over it on twitter!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you always make me hungry and craving for sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to your darling, Paul! Your latest cake creation looks splendid and the flavors combinations really complement each other! I am sure the birthday boys were very pleased. Cheers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this sounds good Rachel. Happy birthday to your husband, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't quite know how I missed this post!!! Belated birthday wishes to Paul...dear sweet Paul!!! Give him hugs and kisses from your CO friend....because he is YOUR sweetheart, and that makes me so happy he was born to be your beloved....

    And it looks as if a few new recipes are born as well!!! Bravo to baking bloggers!

    A lovely post Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you write! Thanks for visiting! xo